…A winter destination, where families will gather and participate in various social activities in a premier facility, and be a part of a safe, healthy, energetic, and fun community.
The Ridgefield Winter Club (RWC) will combine a strong family-focused premier facility with an outdoor ice skating rink -- and fill a void in our town for families who want the opportunity for outdoor winter sports, recreation, and social events. Working with the best architects and designers, the old, deteriorating Pinchbeck Nursery will be turned into a freshly landscaped setting with a Clubhouse that will include a golf simulation room, four lanes of bowling, a tabletop game room, homework rooms, casual dining with a small bar, locker rooms, along with other amenities. Through a range of outdoor and indoor activities, the RWC will strengthen family and community bonds in a safe, interactive, social environment during the winter months.
The Premier Club Facility Will Include:
- Golf simulator
- Four lanes of bowling
- Game room including foosball, ping pong, and other tabletop games
- Organized social events, including speaker series, game nights, movie nights, a holiday party, and other activities
- Club coordinated events, including ski trips, tubing, sledding, cultural events, and professional sporting trips
Outdoor Ice Rink
- General Skating, Figure Skating, Hockey, Broomball, Curling
- Social & family skates
- Free time to enjoy skating and improve skills
- Men’s, Women’s & Youth intra-Club Leagues
- Lessons & Clinics
- Locker Rooms (to give everyone time to get ready when there are back-to-back intra-Club activities)
- Outside viewing & gathering areas
- Outside fireplace
Club Member Spaces
- Homework, meeting & birthday party rooms
- Food service & bar
- Inside rink viewing & social areas
- Inside fireplaces
Months of Operation
The Ridgefield Winter Club will be fully operational from November through March. The Clubhouse will close at 11 p.m. and all outside recreational activities will cease by 9:45 p.m., or earlier, and lights out at 10 p.m., or earlier. Weekday mornings, skating only will begin at 7 a.m. On weekends, the rink will open at 8 a.m.
In April/May and September/October, the RWC's Clubhouse will likely be open 3-4 days a week, and the ice rink area will be closed.
The entire RWC will be closed in June, July, and August.
Ready to find out more?
Learn more about the Ridgefield Winter Club.